Media accreditation for the 27th IHF Men’s World Championship – Egypt 2021
The media accreditation process for the 27th IHF Men’s World Championship in Egypt (13-31 January 2021) will open this Sunday, 6 December 2020.
Professional media representatives interested in covering the World Championship and applying for a media accreditation must first register on the Egypt 2021 Media Channel. Once successfully registered, they can apply for accreditation.
Media representatives will have the option to choose between ‘Full Bubble Accreditation’ and ‘Virtual Accreditation’.
Full bubble accreditation
Media representatives who register for a Full Bubble Accreditation will receive the following:
- Rapid COVID-19 antigen test upon arrival at the airport
- Airport pick-up & drop-off
- Full transportation service from the hotel to the venue back and forth (11-seated van with a max. of seven passengers)
- Accommodation for the requested time period
- Private restaurants in hotels serving three meals a day (representatives can have their meals at the restaurants or to go in boxes)
- Sterilisation of all rooms, sheets, bathrooms and restaurants on a daily basis
- Full security on private floors in hotel
- PCR tests every 72 hours
- All medical health hygiene guidelines to be fully applied
- Access to all media facilities including TV Compound, Media Center, Media Tribune, Virtual Press Conference (no physical attendance in the press conference room), Mixed Zone, Flash Interviews, etc.
Non-broadcasters will be accommodated in the Holiday Inn – Citystars in Cairo at a rate of EUR 200.00 per person per night in a double room and EUR 230.00 in a single room.
Broadcasters will have the option to choose between the Holiday Inn – Citystars at the above-mentioned rate or the IHF hotels closer to the venues at a rate of EUR 300.00 per person per night in a double room and EUR 350.00 in a single room.
Media and broadcast representatives who violate the disciplinary instructions given, i.e. leaving the bubble or violating the bubble rules, will be immediately banned from working at the World Championship and their accreditation will be withdrawn right away.
Media representatives with a virtual accreditation will not have access to any media facilities inside the venue, including TV compound, Media Centre, Media Tribune, Press Conference Rooms, Mixed Zones, Flash Zones, etc. They will receive a link to the Virtual Press Conference after the match and have a separate viewing stand inside the venue.
Deadline and next steps
Deadline for the accreditation application is 20 December 2020. All applications will then undergo a security check by Egyptian authorities. Any negative response will result in an application being rejected.
As of the end of December 2020, the Local Organising Committee will begin the process of sending accreditation confirmations, followed by further information in due course.
View the full Egypt 2021 Media Accreditation Concept here. For further information, please contact [email protected].